HOW TO WRITE COVER LETTER
- accompanies your Curriculum Vitae
- should be short
- specific cover letter is directed at a specific company, specific person, and position.
- The specific cover letter personally addresses the company’s needs, sends a positive message to the employer that you are truly interested because you took the time to write an individual letter.
- general cover letter is often addressed Dear Employer, and emphasizes your qualifications relevant to the post you are applying for
10 Bul. Oslobodjenja
Dear Mr. Jones, [comment]
My name is Petar Janković and I am writing in response to your advertisement for a Graduate Trainee in ”Blic”. I enclose my CV for your consideration. [comment]
I first became interested in auditing while I was studying on Faculty of Economy. I firmly believe that this is a career which will enable me to use not only my interest in business and finance, but also my skills in working with people, both in an advisory and a managerial capacity. [comment]
I am particularly interested in a career with Johnson& Barnes because of the high reputation of your training scheme and your commitment to giving new recruits early responsibilities. [comment]
During my time as a student I had a variety of part-time and vacation jobs, all of which required me to work as part of a team and to deal directly with the public. I found my work at the Tourist Information Office particularly valuable in teaching me the importance of understanding customers' needs and providing clear and accurate information in response to those needs. [comment]
I will be available for interview at any time apart from the 12 - 14 August when I have arranged to attend a seminar on Kopaonik. [comment]
I look forward to hearing from you shortly. [comment]
Petar Janković [comment]
Dear Sir or Madam,
- I would like to apply for the post in your company advertised in…
- Please find enclosed my application form for the post of trainee logistics manager with your organization as advertised in Blic (Reference No. 12345).
- In response to your advertisement regarding the safety/loss control position in your organization I am enclosing a resume for your review. Please consider this letter as my formal application presenting my background, education and experience.
- I enclose my CV in respect of the above vacancy/position (or state position advertised and when it appeared).
- I am responding to your advertisement in Blic, dated 1/20/00, regarding the GP position. Please find enclosed my resume showing my education, experience, and background.